School Business manages approximately $11 billion in state and federal funds and provides various technical support services to School Districts/Local Education Agencies (LEAs), Independent Public Schools (IPS - charters, lab schools, and regional schools), their employees, and other public school stakeholders.
Keep up to date with us through our Newsletters, the What's New section below, and our topic pages in the navigation bar to the right.
School Business Systems Information for New Finance Officers and Staff - Please follow this link to our Finance Office Guides heading to find our summary of key operating systems.
Budget FY 2023 - 2024
Session Law 2023-134 (HB259)
Full Committe Report September 20, 2023
Summary of 2023-24 Budget October 3, 2023
Budget Comparison Updated October 3, 2023
Overview of 23-24 Budget Presentation October 13, 2023
2023-2024 Principal Bonus FAQ October 20, 2023
- 2023-2024 Salary Schedules Updated October 18, 2023 at 10:15am
- 2023-2024 Salary Schedule Revisions Updated October 18, 2023 at 10:15am
- 2023-2024 Salary FAQ October 19, 2023
Allotment Policy Manual Update September 7, 2023
Allotment Policy Manual Update August 2, 2023
Allotment Summary Updated October 23, 2023
Changes to State APM approved by SBE Updated November 2, 2023
Summary of changes to State APM approved by SBE Updated November 2, 2023
PRC071 Supplement Funds for Teacher Compensation November 15, 2023
FAQ PRC071 - Guidance for Supplemental Funds for Teacher Compensation November 17, 2023
Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Parental Leave Presentation August 2, 2023
- Parental Leave Employee Benefits Manual Updates August 2, 2023
- Draft Reimbursement Procedures to IPS for Classroom Substitutes Updated November 3, 2023
- Paid Parental Leave Substitute Reimbursement Form-Draft November 3, 2023
- Paid Parental Leave Substitute Reimbursement Form December 8, 2023
Travel Subsistence Rate Revision Effective July 1, 2023
ESSER Real Property Status Report
ESSER Projects Template
2023-24 Indirect Cost Rates for LEAs, Charter, Regional and Lab Schools
- 2024 LEA Indirect Cost Rates effective 07/01/2023 - 06/30/2024
- 2024 Charter School Indirect Cost Rates effective 07/01/2023 - 06/30/2024
- 2024 Regional and Lab School Indirect Cost Rates effective 07/01/2023 – 06/30/2024
- More information
Key Statistical Information
- Low Wealth Supplemental Funding - FY23-24 Planning Allotment vs. FY22-23 Initial Allotment - updated April 27, 2023
- Calculating Low Wealth Supplemental Funding
School Business Senior Director: Jennifer Bennett
School Allotments: Kristie Weber, Section Chief
School Reporting: Gwendolyn Tucker, Section Chief
Monitoring & Compliance: Shirley McFadden, Section Chief
School Business manages state and federal funds that are allotted to LEAs and IPSs. We collect, compile and analyze public school financial, student and personnel data. We provide support to LEA and ISP financial offices and monitor compliance with state and federal laws.
Who We Are - School Business April 2021
Phone Number: 984-236-2440
Department of Public Instruction
6336 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-6336
LEA contact information, including Superintendents, Finance Officers, Personnel Administrators, & Principals can be found in EDDIE. Use the LEA Personnel Report (located under the Reports Menu) to obtain all LEAs, or use the Search or Selection boxes to navigate to an individual LEA or school. For help with LEA or school information and creating mailing labels or reports, please go to the EDDIE Information page.
Independent Public Schools (Charter, Laboratory, Regional) contact information is in EDDIE. Charter schools can also be found on the Office of Charter Schools website: Charter School Contacts.