The Educator Preparation Department is located under the Educator Preparation and Licensure Division at the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
The NCDPI Educator Preparation Office provides the following support:
- Technical assistance in the development of EPPs
- Oversees the renewal process of existing educator preparation programs at the license/program-level required by the State Board of Education*
*Note: Pursuant to § 115C.269.10, the State Board of Education is reviewing modifications to the process for EPPs to engage in the institution level and license area/program level approval and/or renewal process. A decision is anticipated by the State Board of Education to guide next steps in July, 2018. Implementation of a new process and related information will be provided on this website July/August, 2018.
- Collects and analyzes program effectiveness data from each IHE for the IHE Performance Reports and IHE Educator Preparation Program Report Cards*
*Note: Pursuant to § 115C.269.35, the State Board of Education the process for IHE Performance Reports and Report Cards is being updated. Existing data prior to this change in legislation will remain available and is provided on this website.
- Assists IHEs with Title II reporting as required by the Higher Education Act
- Monitors and consults with Educator Preparation Program Providers regarding productivity and effectiveness of education graduates
- Collaborates with the University of North Carolina System public institutions and NC Independent Colleges and Universities (NCICU) for alignment with state and national standards and continuous improvement of educator preparation programs
NCDPI Educator Preparation Staff Directory
|Dr. Andrew Sioberg
|Director, Educator Preparation
|Dr. Kim Evans
|Program Coordinator, PEPSC
|Dr. Andy Baxter
|Education Program Consultant, Visual Analytics
|Mr. Patrick Dougherty