The Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council (SSAC) is a strong and diverse group comprised of 12 high school students from across the state’s eight education regions, with eight juniors and four seniors.
The two-year appointment to the SSAC provides student advisors the opportunity to meet twice per month to discuss education issues affecting students, advocate on behalf of their peers and ultimately advise decision makers in state public education.
During their service, student advisors will develop two proposals for the state Superintendent’s Office and the State Board of Education to address issues that the students would like to see changed, either through policy or legislation. SSAC advisors have the opportunity not only to share their perspectives as current students but also to provide invaluable insight to state leaders on how to make positive changes within North Carolina’s education system.
2023-2024 SSAC Junior Members
- Carter Ratcliff – Western Region
- Paige Roten – Northwest Region
- Christopher Stamatelatos – Southwest Region
- Violet Kindley – Charter, Piedmont-Triad Region
- James Wrinkle – Piedmont-Triad Region
- Madison Dixon – Sandhills Region
- Sarah Beitar – North Central Region
- Mihaad Omer – Charter, North Central Region
- Michael Raye – Northeast Region
- Emmy Russ – Southeast Region
2023-2024 SSAC Senior Members
- Bridget Hapgood – Northeast Region
- Brinkley Jadyn Hodshon – Northwest Region
- Chloe Hammonds – Sandhills Region
- Ellie Reynolds – Piedmont-Triad Region
- Emily Harwood – Western Region
- McKenzie Olivia Harrison – Southwest Region
- Yadvi Handa – North Central Region
- Lucy Dimock – Southeast Region