The Exceptional Children Division of the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, through its strategic plan, is committed to increasing the performance of students with disabilities, thereby enhancing their ability to graduate and achieve productive post-secondary outcomes. It is critical that all who have a stake in impacting the lives of our students – parents/families, special education teachers, related service personnel, psychologists, regular education teachers, administrators – collaborate to help them thrive each day and into the future.
The Exceptional Children Division is pleased to invite colleagues from across the state to join us for the Annual Conference on Exceptional Children. This annual collegial event is an opportunity to share and learn about innovations and exciting practices to help exceptional children achieve.
Numerous enriching activities include:
- An uplifting Plenary Session with inspiring keynote presentation;
- 90+ informative Instructional Sessions covering the broad spectrum of exceptional children education;
- Educators of Excellence reception honoring outstanding North Carolina special educators;
- Poster Display of innovative programs and practices;
- School-Based Enterprise Bazaar showcasing products created and marketed by North Carolina Public School students with disabilities;
- Exhibitor/Vendor area that offers interactions with organizations and companies specializing in serving exceptional children.
Come be an integral part of this annual gathering in Greensboro of more than 3,000 professionals and parents, all working together to improve educational outcomes for all students!