The mission of the North Carolina National Guard Child and Youth Program is to promote and sustain the quality of life and resilience to over 9,000 NC National Guard children and youth in the state providing secure, timely, flexible, high quality support services and enrichment programs. In addition we provide support to any geographically dispersed military child.
- Education: Provide developmentally-appropriate life skills to National Guard youth.
- Access: Provide information on access to Federal and State/Territory benefits that support National Guard children and families, including; counseling, education, child care, and other resources needed to foster a healthy, stable and secure family environment.
- Opportunity: Create partnerships for opportunities to participate in programs, events, and activities geared toward the behavioral and physical health and welfare of children and youth that are available across the spectrum of Government, Community, and the Private Sector.
- Communication: Build a sense of belonging to the Army National Guard community by creating secure opportunities to network with other youth, parents/legal guardians, and youth program facilitators in one’s community, state/territory, and across the nation.
- Resilience: Infuse resilience and leadership skills and techniques into all Army National Guard children and youth programs.
- Outreach: Build and sustain contact with parents/legal guardians, and children of the National Guard in order to create awareness of available support services and programs.