We asked students to complete this statement: Because of my Governor's School experience ___ .
- "I understand the relevance of careful empirical research as well as questioning the results of an experiment."
- "I love learning. I can think more critically. I can understand others' perspectives. I know myself better. I am more empathetic and excited to live and be in the world."
- "I am a better person."
- "I have become excited about meeting new people, and have learned to love learning again."
- "I now consider myself a more well rounded and experienced person, and I’m overall ecstatic."
- "I am able to open myself to new experiences and not be afraid to be me. Through this journey, I’ve touched subjects that have made me dig deeper into myself and see who I really am."
- "New doors to opportunities and potential have been opened ahead of me. I am excited for my future and the future of my learning in whatever form it may take."
- "I am more comfortable meeting new people and being open to new opinions."
- "Because of my Governor’s School experience, I managed to grab a hold of some very complex Math concepts such as trefoil knots, rings and fields, and fractals. Not only that, I created new friendships with people across the state. Also, I now have an idea of what college life looks like, which will help me when I attend college."
- "I learned how to be emotionally vulnerable with myself and with my loved ones."
What students shared about their time at Governor's School:
- "Governor’s School was unlike anything I have ever experienced (in the best ways possible). It reinvigorated my love of learning for the sake of learning in a community that valued my voice and motivated me to be better."
- "Governor's School has helped me realize my potential and strive for greatness! Thank you."
- "Thank you so much for this experience. I’m not sure what I did to deserve this, but I am eternally grateful for everything I have learned and everyone I have come to cherish. This has been the best four weeks of my life."
- "This is one of the best experiences of my life, and I have enjoyed every second here."
- "I loved it here. Forever grateful I applied. I wish everyone in the world could experience something like this."
- "This was a life changing experience for me, and I’m leaving NCGS with a new mindset and as a better version of myself. I loved this experience so much and I’m so excited to move into college and take the next step in life."
- "It was a wonderful community where everybody was passionate about learning and so kind without being competitive or stressful."
- "I feel like I am a whole new person and feel as though nothing can top this experience."
- "Governor's school was the best thing I have ever done."
Governor's School – Selected Survey Results
"Overall, instructional experiences with Governor's School faculty were engaging."
Strongly agree or agree – 91.9%
"Overall, instructional experiences with Governor's School faculty required me to think critically."
Strongly agree or agree – 91.5%
"My overall experience at Governor's School was rewarding."
Strongly agree or agree – 93.5%
"Governor's School offers a diverse and exciting set of social eactivities that contributed positively to my Governor's School experience."
Strongly agree or agree – 91.9%
"Because of my Governor's School experience, I will encourage other students to apply."
Strongly agree or agree – 91.1%