About the NCDPI ML/Title III Team
The NCDPI ML/Title III Team is dedicated to growing the success of multilingual learners (MLs) by sustaining statewide implementation of the ELD Standards, ensuring program compliance, and coordinating efforts, resources, and professional learning to build stakeholder capacity.
The work of the NCDPI ML/Title III Team includes:
- ML Identification, Data Collection, and Reporting
- providing guidance for the EL headcount and Immigrant headcount data collection and reporting;
- cross-collaborating with the Office of Accountability and Testing to support school districts during ACCESS testing and the EL subgroup data analysis.
- Program Quality
- providing leadership for the development, enhancement, assessment, and maintenance of standards implementation at the K-12 level with special emphasis on English language development;
- coordinating professional learning opportunities for all teachers and school administrators to raise performance outcomes in all content areas for students identified as MLs.
- Program Compliance
- cross-collaborating with the Office of Federal Programs Monitoring to assist school districts during the consolidated monitoring process;
- cross-collaborating with the Office of Charter Schools to assist school districts during the Performance Framework process;
- developing appropriate resources and providing technical assistance and training to local directors and others involved in the design and implementation of their basic and supplemental language instruction educational program (LIEP).
Contact the NCDPI ML/Title III Team for more information or to request support for your PSU.
The NCDPI ML/Title III Team
Stacy Daniel, Ed.D.
Section Chief for ELA & Languages
Ivanna Mann Thrower Anderson
ML/Title III Consultant (Program Quality - West)
ML/Title III Consultant (Program Compliance)
ML/Title III Consultant (Program Quality - East)
ML/Title III Consultant (Data Collection, Reporting, and PowerSchool)
Information and Resources
For more information about the work of the NCDPI ML/Title III Team and to browse ELD resources, visit our subpages below or on the side-rail: