The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (DPI) uses a Unique Statewide Identifier (UID) System that enables LEAs and Charter Schools to assign a unique statewide identifier for every staff member who participates in the NC education system at any point in time. The Staff UID System enables reliable matching of staff-level records over time and across DPI applications and remains valid even if staff members move to a different North Carolina public school. The Staff UID System is built on the eScholar Uniq-ID® for Staff product.
Login to the Staff UID system, via the link below, using your NCID credentials:
Registering for Access to Staff UID
Complete the steps below to register for the NC Staff Identification System (Staff UID). The steps below must be completed before you will be approved for access into the system. Creating a North Carolina Identity (NCID) enables its customers to achieve an elevated degree of security and access control to real-time resources such as customer based applications and information retrieval.
Step 1: Register for an NCID Account
***If you already have an NCID, you do not need to register again. Please use your existing NCID account and move on to Step 2 for UID System Registration***
- Request a local NCID account from your local NCID Administrator.
- Once you have received notification that your NCID account has been created, activate your NCID account by logging into the system at https://ncid.nc.gov.
- Confirmation of NCID registration and account activation must be received before progressing to Step 2.
Step 2: Submit Online Request
- Log in to the Staff UID Registration site using your NCID credentials from Step 1.
- Follow the Staff UID User Registration Instructions to complete the online access request.
Step 3: Submit Access Request Form
- Complete the Staff UID Access Request Form.
- Submit a Service Now ticket to the DPI Support Center at https://ncgov.servicenowservices.com/sp_dpi, and attach a copy of the completed DPI Application Access Form to the ticket, or call the DPI Support Center at 919-716-1840.
Once you have completed the steps above you will need to wait until you receive confirmation that your request has been approved before you will have access to the system.
If you have questions or issues related to accessing or use of the Staff UID System, please contact the DPI Support Center by submitting a ticket at https://ncgov.servicenowservices.com/sp_dpi.
General overview of the Staff UID System and the Staff ID Assignment Process.
Instructions and screenshots on how to complete the Staff UID process for LEAs and charter schools that use the desktop version of LINQ for North Carolina customers.
Instructions and screenshots on how to complete the Staff UID process for LEAs and charter schools that use the web-based version of LINQ for North Carolina customers.
Instructions and screenshots on how to complete the Staff UID process for LEAs and charter schools that use the Sartox-SunPac payroll system.
Instructions and screenshots on how to acquire a Staff ID for non-payroll staff.
Frequently asked questions and answers related to the use of the Staff UID System (including NCID and UID registration).