On November 4, 2014 the North Carolina State Board of Education voted and approved an updated Strategic Plan. The State Board's vision is that "Every public school student will graduate ready for post-secondary education and work, prepared to be a globally engaged and productive citizen".
Measure 2.4.3 of the strategic plan is to measure the "Percentage of charter schools meeting or exceeding academic, financial, and operational goals as measured by the Office of Charter School's performance framework". The NC Charter School Performance Framework reflects key areas of academics, finance, and operations performance; and should be considered as a tool to track growth and improvement over time.
Performance Framework FAQs
- Who- All currently operating schools are required to participate in the annual Performance Framework. The Office of Charter Schools staff provides thoughtful and responsive guidance throughout the year.
- What- The Performance Framework consists of several indicators related to charter school operations, academics, finance, and governance.
- When- Document submissions for the 2023-24 Performance Framework will take place from September 2023 through May 2024. Final submissions are due June 30th.
- Where- Most documents are submitted via the Epicenter portal and evaluated by OCS. However, certain measures are collected and evaluated by divisions and agencies external to OCS. For example, measure A5 is collected by the various federal programs within DPI (EC, Nutrition, etc.). Measure A17, Health and Safety Requirements, is collected and evaluated by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Why- The Performance Framework is an accountability measure and it is a tool to help us keep you, the school, out of trouble so you can focus on educating students!
- PF School Reports 2022
- PF School Reports 2021
- PF School Reports 2020
- PF School Reports 2019
- PF School Reports 2018
2023-2024 Items reviewed by OCS due schedule:
- A17. Health Requirements reminder(not the actual measure)
- A14. Certificate of Occupancy
- A12. Directors List
- A5. ELL LIEP Service Chart
- A20. Retirement Dissolution Fund
- A6.1 Enrollment Policy
- A6.2 Application
- A11. Board Schedule
- A9. Board Conflict of Interest Policy
- A15. Insurance Certificate
- A1.2 Parent Letter(D/F in FY 2023)
- A16. Criminal History Policy
- A19. EMO/CMO Records Request (Services provided to school and school service fees)
- A1.1 Report Cards on Website [Including 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 N/A due to COVID-19 exceptions]
- A10. Nepotism Policy
- A8. Both Employee and Parent Grievance Policies
- A13. Fire Inspection and any other inspections conducted