2023 Course Dates:
- June 13-15, 2023 - Onslow County Schools
- June 13-15, 2023 - Rowan-Salisbury Schools
- June 27-29, 2023 - Henderson County Schools
- July 25-27, 2023 - Cumberland County Schools
- July 25-27, 2023 - Yadkin County Schools
- August 8-10, 2023 - Dare County Schools
- August 15-17, 2023 - Brunswick County Schools
- August 15-17, 2023 - Franklin County Schools
K-12 Culinary Institute workshops are hosted by various North Carolina School Food Authorities and facilitated by the K-12 Culinary Institute team including State Agency staff. In those workshops the Chef Ambassadors are empowered to take the concepts learned at the Institute and “Teach It Forward”.
The Teach-it-Forward toolkit, includes 15-minute modules called “Short Sets” on many of the topics, is provided to the participants so that they can return to the SFA as Chef Ambassadors and teach other managers and associates important food production and merchandising techniques. In addition, a limited amount of small equipment is be provided to assist with teaching and improved merchandising upon return to the SFA.
Course components include cycle menus and recipes using scratch, convenience, and modified scratch products and techniques. Additionally, instructional segments are provided for topics such as:
- knife skills,
- weighing and measuring accurately,
- preparing foods for just-in-time service,
- work simplification and scheduling,
- effective use of equipment,
- and quality food preparation and service for a variety of meats, grains, fruits, vegetables, and condiments.
We look forward to discovering new Chef Ambassadors!