North Carolina School Counseling Diamond Award
The North Carolina School Counseling Diamond Award is a joint collaboration between the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI) School Counseling and the North Carolina School Counselor Association (NCSCA) to recognize school counseling programs that demonstrate an exemplary data-informed and outcome-based comprehensive school counseling program. The application process is an all-inclusive collection of 11 components that align with the North Carolina Professional School Counselor Standards and American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model. Schools that earn the NC School Counseling Diamond Award state recognition will be eligible for ASCA RAMP (Recognized ASCA Model Program) which is awarded by ASCA as the highest national recognition for a school counseling program.
North Carolina School Counseling Diamond Award Benefits
Beyond the acknowledgement of the excellence of a school and its comprehensive school counseling program, the following are the primary benefits of the NC School Counseling Diamond Award:
- Applications reviewed by NC reviewers with extensive knowledge of ASCA RAMP prior to your application being forwarded to ASCA for ASCA RAMP*
- Communication sent to your school's principal and superintendent informing them of your exemplary school counseling program recognition
- Template press release to individualize and send to local press
- Certificate suitable for framing and displaying on your office wall
- School recognition at the annual NCSCA Conference
- Recognition at an NCSCA conference reception
- Recognition in the NCSCA School Counselor Newsletter and on the NCSCA website
- Recognition in the NCDPI School Counseling Newsletter and on the NCDPI website
- Recognition at an NC State Board of Education Meeting
- Automatic eligibility for ASCA RAMP and all of the benefits that come with ASCA RAMP*
* Note that recognition by ASCA is contingent upon ASCA’s receipt of the ASCA application fee payment ($250 for schools with an ASCA member; $500 for schools without an ASCA member). School applicants will be responsible for the ASCA RAMP application fee to ASCA. If you prefer for your application to not be forwarded to ASCA and for your school to not receive this prestigious national award and related benefits, you must notify the NC School Counseling Diamond Award chairs at NCSCDiamondAward@ncschoolcounselor.org.
Application Process for the North Carolina School Counseling Diamond Award
The NC School Counseling Diamond Award application process should be the culmination of the implementation of a comprehensive school counseling program. Once your school has a program in place, you will likely need at least one academic year to collect the data and information needed to fulfill the application requirements. You can find complete details on how to apply in this North Carolina School Counseling Diamond Award document.
ASCA RAMP 2021 application template examples (Remember you must include all NC specifications in the NC School Counseling Diamond Award application)
Contact with Questions