Steps to Apply
Complete an approved education preparation program.
Alternative route programs that lead to licensure must be verified by letter from the state's department of education or licensing board where the approved route was completed.
Obtain the following official documents to be uploaded into your online application.
- Degree-dated transcripts - bachelor's, master's, and all other post-secondary studies
- Licensure content area examination(s) - if applicable
- Valid and current educator's license from another state if held
- Verification by Institution: Completion of Approved Education Program (Form V)
- Form V
- Experience request forms for previous work
- PreK-12 teaching/teacher's assistant (Form E)
- Post-secondary (Form CE),
- Non-teaching (Form NE),
- Military Instructor or Leadership (Form ME)
- Have each different employer complete and sign a separate form
- Review requirements for experience credit on each form prior to submitting the application
Register for or log into your account at the NCDPI Online License System and apply for a license.
Upload all requested documentation into the online application for licensure.
Pay the required non-refundable/non-transferrable licensure fee with a valid credit card. Visa or Mastercard Credit/Debit accepted.