The Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC) is a local, federally required data collection.
NCDPI assists PSUs by facilitating the transfer of data available at the state level to the Federal Submission Tool when the collection begins. Data not available at the state level must be collected by the PSU.
PSUs are required to complete the collection in the Federal Submission Tool within the time-frame specified by the federal government.
The Office of Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC) will be conducted in the 2022-2023 school year. Data for the collection is from the previous year (School Year 2021-2022). Note: PSUs which were not open in the school year 2021-2022 will not participate in this collection.
To date, the federal government has not published an official start date or requirements for the collection. The information from the federal government may be published as late as the summer of 2023. NCDPI will notify PSUs once an announcement has been made.
- CRDC Partner Support Center email form
- Civil Rights Data Collection Resource Center
- LEA Level Federal Survey Form
- School Level Federal Survey Form
- CRDC Universe and Contacts File
- The NCDPI completed the OCR/CRDC registration process on behalf of the state. The file contains all PSUs open in school year 2021-2022 and specifies which entities must report. In addition, CRDC Coordinator contacts were provided based on the records input in the EDDIE system. The file was complied and delivered to CRDC Partner Support November 2, 2023.